Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the incumbent will support a wide range of communication and public advocacy work focusing on the emergency in northeast Nigeria, including media engagement and the preparation of external communication materials.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Support the Communication Section by:
- Preparing and sharing appropriate and timely materials with National Committees and the UNICEF Department of Communication – across digital, social media, video, stills and feature stories; this to include research and writing, as well as editing photographs, stories, blogs, and field diaries supplied by UNICEF staff
- Monitoring the situation for input to key messages and Q&As and keeping all such materials updated and accurate
- Coordinating writers, photographers and videographers contracted by the Country Office
- Prepare and distribute required communication and visibility materials for existing donors and materials for potential donors
- Supporting UNICEF Nigeria social media presence
- Supporting the preparation and execution of visits by media
- Supporting the preparation and execution of visits by National Committees
- Supporting the maintenance of a log of media interviews and clips conducted by the Country Office
- Monitoring media for and log mention of UNICEF Nigeria and relevant stories about Nigeria
- Scanning traditional and social media to search for new platforms / opportunities for UNICEF to pitch stories about the crisis in North-East Nigeria
- Supporting Nigeria Country Office non-emergency communications as required.