• Maintain required level of technical knowledge.
• Prepare estimated Federal and State income tax payments.
• Research and prepare work papers for various books to tax differences.
• Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provision.
• Prepare various federal and state income tax returns.
• Prepare various personal property tax returns.
• Prepare/Review other various tax filings: Annual reports, Intangible Tax, Sales and Use Tax.
• Research projects.
• Assist in Federal and State audits.
• Maintain our tax preparation system.
• Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
• Provide an information source in the tax area within the company.
• Other tax projects as they arise.
• Assist in financial planning and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience..
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software; FastTrack or similar tax accounting software.