- The Tax and Payroll Manager will functions as an internal tax administrator/insurance specialist /Adviser to the business.
- Ensure the development, update of the company’s tax and other related policies and guidelines
- Manage scheduling, payment and returns of State and Federal Government Taxes
- Ensure provision of insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Ensure all payroll transactions are delivered promptly, accurately and completely.
- Diageo, statutory and management Tax Reporting.
- Ensure Controls around Accounting for taxation meets a minimum of ‘satisfactory’ CARM rating.
a.) Market Complexity:
- The Tax and Payroll Manager is required to play a significant leadership role within RTR team to ensure that the functional/ business agenda are closely aligned.
- Ensures timely, accurate and relevant financial information are reported to management and Diageo. Also ensures the company complies with the statutory reporting requirements.
- He is responsible for implementing all CARM controls effectively and efficiently in all areas under his control as highlighted above.
b.) Leadership and Functional Capabilities:
- Prompt payment of all taxes due to the state and federal government.
- Ensure all tax related risks are captured in the tax risk matrix and circulated to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure prompt completion of tax Magnitude Validation Model in conjunction with tax consultants.
- Manage relationship with tax consultants to ensure company tax objectives are delivered to time and in line with appropriate legislation
- Satisfactory compliance with tax controls as required by CARM.
- All tax queries and correspondences are responded to and appropriate steps taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
- Ensure all relevant aspects of local tax legislation are fully embedded in the company’s tax declaration and continuously monitor compliance of same.
- Steer, advise and support the company’s financials from tax perspectives.
- Prompt monthly reconciliation of tax related accounts
- Oversee the risk management process and ensure adequate insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Manage relationships with Insurance Brokers to optimize value from our policies
- Ensure compliance with local insurance legislation
- Negotiate the company to a position of strength on all insurance policies
- Ensure prompt reporting and processing of claims
- Develop and document insurance policy & procedures
- Graduate caliber plus membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with proven integrity.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules).
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to manage and influence a spectrum of key Innovation stakeholders and elicit buy-in and support.
- Inability to learn fast, adaptation to a new, flexible role and manage relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Inability to plan work and work under tight deadlines.
Flexible Working options:
- Lagos based with some travels within/ outside Nigeria.