Job Number: 2618965
Business: GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Finance & Operating Components
- The Tax Associate will work within the Tax team in Sub Saharan Africa to drive Tax compliance in Nigeria
- Has responsibility in all aspects of domestic transaction compliance in Nigeria.
- Prepares various Federal and state income tax returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Interprets and complies with state, local and federal regulations and legislations
- Prepares for, and assist with tax audits tax audits and supports tax audit resolution
- Assists with reconciliation of transaction tax to other records
- Works with finance personnel to record tax consequences consistent with assumptions underlying tax planning and compliance initiatives
- Researches tax issues related to business transactions
- Keeps abreast of current developments in Nigerian tax space
- Assists in financial and tax analyses
- Consistently demonstrates teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback
- Strong academic credentials from accredited Nigerian University with focus on taxation
- Synthesizes complex and diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reasons even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decision; includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or any related degrees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC proficiency.