· To manage BAT affiliates tax affairs in West Africa Markets
· To optimise the BAT affiliates tax opportunities including strategies for business growth and expansion while ensuring compliance with tax regulations to prevent risks of default.
· Business Results
- Tax budgets for company plan and business reviews.
- Tax disclosures in Financial Statements and Group reporting.
- Review of all BAT projects and contracts in West African Markets for compliance with all tax rules and regulations.
- Tax parameters for company payroll and review of payroll tax reports to ensure accuracy.
- Monthly tax statistics (contribution to government revenue) for social reports to stakeholders.
- Oversee preparation and filing of all monthly and annual tax liabilities of BAT affiliates to respective revenue authorities.
- Keep abreast of changes in all aspects of the laws and regulation of taxes in West African Markets, as it affects the business.
- Responsible for the management of tax records of BAT affiliates in West Africa Markets.
- Responsible for advising, setting and implementing tax strategies across the business and ensuring optimal capital efficiency.
- Ensure BAT employees’ awareness of tax laws and regulatory changes as it affects their respective functions to ensure accuracy of tax accounting
- Ensure timely payment of all taxes to the appropriate Tax Authorities to avoid sanctions.
- Obtain high value tax related services at competitive fees from external Consultants.
- Respond to enquiries across BAT group as it affects taxation in West African Markets
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of tax reporting, including internal forecast updates, Group reporting requirements, and annual budgeting exercises.
- Ensure efficient reporting of fixed assets to optimise tax benefits
- Minimise the present value of all tax payments without exposing the company to risks.
- Ensure prompt resolution of queries and matters arising from the reviews and queries of tax agencies.
- Provide substantive defence for BAT affiliates in West African Markets in investigation and tax audit instances.
- Actively build the company’s reputation and relationship with the Tax Authorities to reduce friction.
- Communicate developments and changes in tax rules to all employees to manage expectations.
- Manage the withholding and Value Added tax affairs with all suppliers as they affect our contractual obligations.
- Ensure maximum value obtained from good working relationships with external advisors and supporters. Identify tax-planning opportunities and appropriately develop and implement the operating strategies to expand the business
- Efficiently manage the effective tax rate of BAT affiliates in West African Markets.