The TB/HIV LGA/Facility Referral Coordinator is to stay at the highest HIV burden site in a given LGA from where support is to be provided to other sites. S/he is to:
- Visit every HIV comprehensive facility at least once a month to supervise and mentor the facility-based TB/HIV referral coordinator and ensure that all TB/HIV records are up to date
- Visit every supported stand-alone DOTS facility at least once monthly to ensure that all TB patients are tested for HIV, properly documented and those testing positive are promptly referred to a comprehensive facility for enrollment into ART.
- Conduct spot checks by reviewing recording and reporting (R&R) tools and HIV/TB registers at TB DOTS sites and comprehensive facilities to monitor referral completion
- Ensure the availability of all TB and TB/HIV recording and reporting tools at all TB/TB-HIV service delivery points.
- Facilitate sputum transport from supported facilities to proximal Xpert sites
- Keep an up to date LGA presumptive TB/HIV diagnostic evaluation treatment register to abstract information from the existing tools from facilities.
- Follow-up and document of TB treatment outcome for all TB/HIV co infected patients within a given LGA with real time documentation of diagnostic and treatment outcome in the provided study data tool.
- Receive Xpert results through the Gx alert system in the state and keep track of all positive Xpert results from facilities within the assigned LGA
- Monitor IPT implementation (screening, referral completion, initiation and reporting) especially reporting IPT outcome within 12 months of treatment in collaboration with health facility staff and facility TB/HIV referral coordinator
- Hold monthly TB/HIV review meetings with the facility TB/HIV referral volunteers and Local Government Tuberculosis and Leprosy Supervisor (LGTBLS)
- Submit monthly report and data to the Implementing Partner Focal Person first week of every month.
Reports To: State IP Facility Focal Person
Position Locations: The Local Governments Areas are in six states and the FCT as follows:
- Akwa Ibom: Ikot Ekpene, Okobo, Oron, Uruan, Uyo
- Benue: Buruku, Gwer West, Katsina-Ala, Konshisha, Logo, Tarka, Ushongo
- Cross River: Calabar South, Calabar-Municipal
- FCT: Abuja Municipal and Bwari Area Councils
- Lagos: Agege, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Apapa, Ifako-Ijaye, Ikeja, Mushin, Surulere
- Nassarawa: Doma, Karu, Lafia, Nasarawa, Obi
- Rivers: Eleme, Obio/Akpor, Port-Harcourt.