Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) Lagos, Nigeria is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the post of Team Assistant.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• The Team Assistant will carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks. They typically report to an Office Administrator, Executive Assistant or Office Manager and initially work under close supervision and guidance. They coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TAs may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit’s administrative functions.
• Draft routine correspondence, a variety of standard documents and proofread materials in English, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills
• Incorporates agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities
• Uses word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution
• Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group
• Solves non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Assists in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, functions etc
• In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Mangaement, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters.