- Serving as the Budget Coordinator: preparation of the Annual Administrative Budget and Midterm Reviews
- Monitor implementation of annual administrative Budget through the Strategic Resources Assessment Software (SRAS)
- Manage the use of budgetary resources by creating and preparing the monthly report in the SAP
- Draw attention of the Ombudsman to any related problems and assist in finding solutions.
- Organize meetings, business meals, travel, accommodation and mission formalities for the two Ombudsmen
- Liaise with the General Services Department (CGSP) on issues of Office space, furniture, equipment and their maintenance
- Liaise with the Communication & External Relations Department (CERD) for the purchase and payment processing of Ombuds promotion materials
- Prepare Annual work program, leave and mission schedule of OMBU staff
- Organize and maintain a filing system for all expenses, TORs of Missions, BTORs, Recruitment of and use of Consultants.
- On own initiative or as delegated, to prepare and sign general and administrative correspondence and to draft other correspondence on the basis of brief instructions
- On own initiative or on the basis of broad instructions, to research and analyze information and problems brought to the attention of the Ombudsman, looking for similar cases, involving or not the same people, recommendations and preparing summaries to facilitate the work of the Ombudsman.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors.
- Provide administrative support to members of the office, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP.
- Carry out all other secretarial and administrative duties as required and any other assignments given by two Ombudsmen.
- Drawing the attention of the Ombudsmen to urgent matters
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries; make photocopies of various documents when needed
- Receive visitors and conduct exit survey after visit; arrange conference calls, scheduling meetings, video-conferences
- Assume secretarial functions in the absence of the Office Secretary
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Report; prepare for the Newsletters (bi-annual publications); OMBU website, Sharepoint, etc
- Prepare statistical reports and handle information requests on caseloads
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly and periodic reports to the President
- Coordinate the preparation and formatting of periodic OMBU/VPC Newsletters in liaison with CERD
- Provide input for the preparation and publication of the Annual Report of the Office of the Ombudsman in English and French in liaison with CERD and the Language Services Department (SGLS)
- Draft and process contracts of consultants and after service reports for audit purposes.
- Tracking and ensuring timely payments for goods and services provided to the Unit
- Post interviews and reports and Newsletters of the Unit on the Intranet and Internet in liaison with CERD and the Corporate IT Services Department (CIMM)
- Attend internal meetings in order to record minutes; prepare agendas, reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, excel, database.
Organization of Events
- Coordinate, organize and make logistic arrangements (venue, refreshments, etc.) for Ombudsman sponsored skills enhancement and sensitization events such as Values Promotion Champions (VPC) training, CHRM Induction Sessions, Conflict Competency Week (CCW), and other Skill enhancement seminars.
- A minimum of a Licence / Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial duties, training/administration/office management.
- A minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, working in an executive office, preferably in international organizations.
- Experience of arranging international travel for managers, including processing advances and claims.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Sociable personality that facilitates good interaction between the individual, and internal and external parties including on the phone.
- Strong proactive “can-do” approach. Ability, energy and appropriate demeanor to take initiative and plan and carry out necessary tasks to ensure the office’s activities are successful.
- Excellent and professional communication skills; strong typing skills.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures or experience in relation to working with elected officers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French, with knowledge of the other language. Bilingualism will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP, SRAS and Microsoft Standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).