Project: Feed the Future Project
Position Band: E-1
Reports To: Technical Director – Feed the Future Project
CRS/Nigeria is seeking an Agriculture Team Lead who will provide the technical guidance in the production and post-harvest activities, facilitate smallholder farmers’ linkage to small, medium and large markets (including processors), ensure sustainable input and output markets, coordinate local resources for maximum input and ensure high quality project implementation that will increase agricultural production, productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other agricultural value chain actors. The Ag Team Lead will report to the Technical Program Director and will maintain close liaison with other Team Leads. S/he will maintain existing relationships with both International and National Institutes and ensure adherence to CRS technical and program quality standards in implementation and compliance by partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree in Agriculture or related field
- At least Five years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, livelihoods, nutrition, or governance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Hausa language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian agriculture.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements and Caritas agencies
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of time