- The role of Team Lead, Local procurement & System is to support the Head Procurement and Expediting.
- Source Strategic suppliers and conduct site inspections.
- Co-ordinate strategic sourcing initiatives, and cost improvement programs.
- Negotiate complex contracts to ensure that commercial conditions offered conform to AEDC requirements, maximize margins and drive the business.
- Interface with legal in drafting and reviewing contracts for complex requirements.
- Process high value orders by following approved purchasing procedures and advise customers on the status as well as queries raised by suppliers.
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports on status of all purchase requests within the stipulated time for management action and customer feedback.
- Liaise with other departments in developing specification, standardization and variety reduction programs.
- B.Sc. Degree (Commercial) or equivalent.
- Professional Certification: Completed Diploma with institute of Purchasing and supply or relevant and similar certifications.
- At least 8 Cognate years’ experience and proficient with the use of IT system. Extensive knowledge of relevant purchasing rules and regulations.