- Leads a team: prepares and trains individual participant in the team under set directions, policies, guidelines and procedures; implements and provides technical advice by interpreting and applying functional philosophies, principles, and policies; and participates in the enhancement of the following processes in the:
- Management of Metering Services
- Management of Customer Complaints and Requests
- Metering Systems Maintenance Planning, Development and Implementation
- Lead the development of annual team goals and action plans to fully support organization goals and priorities
- Lead the implementation of Metering Services processes in the team, identifies and recommends enhancements in the process and in the information system
- Develop employee performance plans, trains and counsels team members and identifies and implements measures to improve employee performance
- Monitor and evaluate team performance versus team goals and recommends ways and measures to improve team performance
- Oversee the compliance of Metering Services team members with Company codes, policies, rules and regulations.
- Supervise good housekeeping and maintenance of facilities, tools, work equipment and working area
- Commissioning of new HT MD metering installations.
- Provides urgent metering services to repair, maintain or replace faulty, defective or obsolete MD meters as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Prevent, detect and recover energy losses attributable to the interference with metering installations perpetrated by fraudulent customers.
- Ensure that each MD meter meets the performance, functional and technical requirements and applicable standards
- Certification and Re-certification of MD and NMD Meters installed in the Distribution System.
- Carry out periodic, random and unannounced inspection and/or testing of any Metering System and associated equipment for the purpose of ascertaining whether the Metering System functions satisfactorily or not.
- Deals with urgent and unscheduled calls from various Business Hubs within the franchise and attend to specific metering problems.
- Collate, analyze, vet and prepare Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company’s monthly Grid Energy meter readings from all the trading point meters across the 22 Business Hubs and forward same to the Market Operators for the preparation of the monthly Settlement Statement.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND/B.Tech/B.Sc/B.Eng in Electrical Engineering
- Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Membership of NSE and COREN is mandatory
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Nigeria Electricity Distribution Chain