The key role of the Team Leader, Tellers in Standard Bank is to lead and inspire a team of tellers to consistently deliver exceptional customer service whilst complying against all the routine and laid down requirements of the role. With this in mind let’s chat through the key focus areas of the Team Leader, Tellers.
- The most important aspect of this job is people.
- A Team Leader Teller’s day begins by understanding the customer arrival patterns, this will determine the number of tellers he/she would need on the frontline at any given point.
- The fact that the teller role is the entry role into the Bank, the Team Leader is responsible to coach, guide and develop new tellers.
- Performance contracts need to be put in place with each team member and regular performance feedback discussion must take place to ensure that the teller’s performance is at the required level.
- In cases where tellers do not have the required skills or show competency gaps, the team leader needs to decide on what training interventions are required to close the skills gap.
- As the leader of the teller team, the necessary employee administration also needs priority from attendance registers to leave and sick leave!
- The largest number of Bank customers come into the Branch to conduct transactions at the tellers.
- Customer service is, therefore, at the forefront of the Team Leader Teller role.
- The last experience of the customer is the lasting impression, therefore the Team Leader Tellers needs to understand and manage the impact of his/her tellers on customer expectations.
- The Team Leader also needs to identify trends and opportunities that should be referred to management as possible migration and or sales opportunities.