To lead the team of waiters on the floor during service times. To maintain high levels of customer service and standards in personal conduct and with the team under their responsibility. To have full understanding of all opening and closing procedures. To have full working knowledge and understanding of all cash up and banking procedures. To have full understanding and working knowledge of rosters, wage/time management and the impact on the P&L. To have impeccable product knowledge, brand standards knowledge and have the ability and skill to train juniors in such knowledge. To have full understanding of ADDACO, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK and any other programs relevant to day to day operations.
- Has impeccable product knowledge, food and beverages. To be aware of all 'red flags'. To have excellent skills of communicating the nuances of the menu to the customer.
- Has full understanding and working knowledge of rosters, wage/time management and the impact on the P&L. Has full understanding of ADDACO, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK and any other programs relevant to day to day operations.
- Must be able to deal with all complaints in a professional and calm manner. The Headwaiter must always attempt to rectify the problem for the best interest of the customer.
- Is responsible for training junior staff on all aspects of service. Is responsible for maintaining and updating all training material.
- Is proactive in making decisions and asking for approval, advise or guidance. Is flexible and open to suggestions.
- To lead by example with excellent customer service. To always aim to exceed expectation.
- Understands and will assist with the Brand audit and will implement any actions required.
- Is aware of licensing policies and will promote the responsible service of alcohol to all staff.
- Prepares roster in line with budget and business requirements for OM approval.
- Is organised both personally and professionally. Is prepared and ready for service.
- Works closely with OM and TL to develop colleagues and spot stars of tomorrow.
- Communicates and logs all maintenance issues and ensures work is carried out.
- Lives the brand standards and inspires junior members of staff by example.
- Understands the importance of shift management and section allocation.
- Is able to manage their and colleagues time efficiently. Is ready for service.
- Actively engages with colleagues and customers at all times.
Is able to train colleagues to suggestively sell, encourages colleagues to work towards goals and targets.
- Is able to conduct a probationary appraisal in time and completes and submits all correct paper work to OM
- Ensures that all vacation planning is completed, updated and in line with business requirements.
Health & Safety:
- To train and fully comply with all H&S standards, to train and maintain excellent standards of cleanliness.
Qualifications: Essential: Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management. Experience: Essential: Minimum of 2 years experience in a Team Leader role with standalone/branded restaurants.
Essential: Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management.
Essential: Minimum of 2 years experience in a Team Leader role with standalone/branded restaurants.