- The role of Team Member, Internal Communications is to support the Team Lead, Corporate Social Responsibility in building robust platform of engagement between AEDC Management and staff.
- Employee Communication in conjunction with HR/liaison with workers’ representatives
- Liaison with HR to organise Town Hall Meetings with employees, and periodic quarterly/monthly meetings
- Internal interface with departments like Commercial, Technical Services, Risk & Compliance, etc
- Coordinate production of online newsletter, in-house journal, facts sheet, etc
- Copyedit, proofread & revise all Company’s publications
- Storage & maintenance of company’s social /historical records (library) as regards information bank & Company’s corporate communication matters.
- Documentation of archival materials
- Liaise with Industrial Relations Unit in HR to undertake periodic opinion poll of workers’ views
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Communications Marketing, Social Sciences and Advertising
- Additional qualifications e.g. MA, Msc, MBA will be added advantage
- 5 years’ experience working in Corporate Communications and Internal Communication roles
- Demonstrable experience in Branding and Brand Management
- Possession of in-depth knowledge of the functions and activities of various business and support divisions within.
- Membership of professional bodies in the Communications sector
Requires Skills & Competencies:
- Management Skill
- Financial Planning Skill
- Budget and Budgetary Control Skills
- Communication Skill
- Story Writing Skill
- Business Analysis and Review
- Problem Solving Skill
- Negotiation Skill
- Normal AEDC working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Frequent travels within AEDC Franchise Area and beyond
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Executive Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services.