- Under broad direction, is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating engineering efforts in drilling operations in office/field operations.
- Provides engineering expertise to external customers.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations arid companies.
- Performs advisory and consulting work for the organization ass recognized authority for broad program areas or in an intensely specialized area of considerable novelty and importance.
- Has expert knowledge of cementing operations and engineering.
- This position functions as a technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the company.
- Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certificate as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.