- Under broad direction, demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems during the development and application of new and improved products and processes. Considered an SME within HES.
- May design and implement complex reservoir and/or wellbore fluid treatment and placement applications.
- May proficiently apply advanced fluid mechanics theory and develop designs and models for the theological characterization of fluids, flow modeling, solids transport, viscoelasticity, and friction.
- May develop and regularly apply advanced geomechanics technologies in the areas of mini-frac analysis, formation sanding potential, wellbore stability assessment, pore pressure prediction, stress analysis and mechanical techniques in areas of production decline analysis, well test analysis, fluid flow n porous media, and production simulation.
- May perform numerical modeling, data analysis, correlation and model development on complex multi-discipline projects utilizing existing commercial software and may develop new modeling software.
- May proficiently design and perform complex specialized tests and simulation including design and construction of modeling apparatus and data acquisition systems.
- May advise developers and/or lead the development and testing of software products by providing engineering functions and may provide field support for existing software products. Resolve critical /controversial issues.
- Incumbents at this level will normally hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.