- Under broad direction is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating engineering efforts in drilling operations on location.
- This position functions ass technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the company.
- Understands drilling metrics and drilling technology.
- Assures that drilling operations are cost effective and consistent with overall strategy. Has expert knowledge at drilling optimization.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with mid to upper level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Encounters problems characterized by their lack of scientific precedents and source material, or lack of success of prior research and analysis so that their solution would represent an advance of great significance and importance.
- Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
- Possession of a Well Control Certificate required.