As a technical account manager, you will be responsible for overseeing designated key accounts, proactively identifying and managing service issues and recommending products to meet the customers' requirements.
Acting as the main point of contact for key partner accounts, you will build strong relationships. You will inform customers of our new products and future releases, up-selling where appropriate to help meet personal and company targets.
Liaising with the sales, product and marketing teams, you will identify and assess business opportunities and share any valuable information from partner meetings. Additionally, you will record and report on any partner queries in order to identify technical trends and issues.
Your other duties will include:
- Reviewing the performance of service against KPIs
- Planning and preparing quarterly sales meetings
- Coordinating with the technical support teams in order to resolve service problems
- Joint-selling with key partners for large opportunities
- A technical understanding of telecoms or broadband products
- Demonstrable experience gained within a technical support or desktop support environment
- The ability to up-sell in an account management role
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to work autonomously
- The ability to manage your workload effectively
- A degree in computing or communications would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of helpdesk ticketing systems.
- An understanding of internet and network protocols, including IMAP, POP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, DHCP and DNS would be advantageous, as would an understanding of IP networks, dimensioning and support.
- The ability to speak an additional language, especially Arabic, Spanish or Italian, would be equally favourable.