Roles & Responsibilities
- On behalf of the MD, manage interfaces with GMs & Managers as well as external stakeholders and visitors including government officials, legislators, etc.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize the MD’s diversified workload and manage available resources.
- Act on behalf of the MD as delegated or as circumstances demand.
- Along with the Confidential Secretary, manage key routines (staff meetings) – including scheduling, agendas, notes and action items/follow-up and supervises the maintenance of a complex and detailed calendar for all activities, events, meetings, travel, conferences and Board activities.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with internal and external contributors.
- Drafts and supervises the preparation of general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, presentations and reports, etc. The Technical Adviser is fully responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all materials released by the MD's office.
- Analyses financial reports, budgets and other materials, identifies areas of concern and summarizes key points for MD; gathers additional data as required to clarify/resolve any issues or concerns.
- Reviews external media for relevant articles, newsletters, websites, RSS feeds, etc. and summarizes key points and identifies any action items for review by MD
- Manage MD's Departmental requirements and reporting, conducting analysis of information and reports and publishing same as appropriate.
- Exercises independent judgment
- Incumbent must be extremely professional, trustworthy, organized, diplomatic, an excellent writer, analytical and highly motivated to ensure the success of the Corporation
- Collects and coordinates data needed by technical staff.
- Reviews and verifies information which may include source documents, policies, claims files, summons & complaints, salary data, etc.
- Coordinates materials or special projects for assigned technical staff or individual which may include preparing material/reports, distributing, editing, formatting and proofreading material
- Maintains records and data utilizing various automated systems which may include creating database/server, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, setting up files, etc.
- Resolves problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection.
- Support management to ensure the Site Office working culture is structured and time managed.
- Be conversant with project KPI’s and support their delivery and attainment at all times.
- Compile the project weekly and monthly reports in the correct template
- B.Sc in Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management preferred
- 8 years’ experience preferably in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas related operations