The job holder will provide technical and programmatic support, especially in the area of Adult Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) for the scale-up and delivery of qualitative HIV services, and attainment of programme goals.S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for programme sustainability.
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Clinical Services Team, between the APIN Program Office, Program Sites, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Work with other team members to support the identification of areas of unmet need and expansion of services to new sites, towards the scale-up of HIV services
- Identify program-wide capacity building needs, especially relating to Adult ART
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Provide technical and programmatic support for high quality HIV programme implementation and service delivery, in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and programme sustainability
- Support the coordination of all components related to the clinical management of HIV
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and document best practices.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in the Medical Sciences (MBBS or MB.Bch.), a postgraduate fellowship in a relevant speciality and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment programmes. Experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programmes would be an advantage.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good working knowledge of current national and WHO HIV/AIDS guidelines for prevention, treatment, care & support of adults and children
- Knowledge of models of working with and linking different tiers of healthcare facilities
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of various programme areas
- Ability to work with discretion and minimal supervision
- Understanding of community systems and how they impact service utilization
- Ability to provide mentorship and integrated supportive supervision to all categories of HCWs
- Knowledge of HCT, PMTCT and ART national M/E tools
- Ability to organize and coordinate training programmes and meetings
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.) are essential.