- Organizational Capacity Strengthening Technical Advisor (CSO) will support the Sustainability Coordinator to conceptualize and implement the overall strategy and approach to graduation, transition in relation to CSO/CBOs providing OVC services, including child protection networks (CPNs).
- S/he will lead the design, coordination and implementation of contextualized technical assistance to PEPFAR OVC IPs in order to strengthen the ability of CSO/CBOs to fulfil their mandate as part of a HIV-sensitive social service system.
- This TA will ensure quality, manage, support and supervise capacity strengthening consultants, STTA and ensure technical and organizational capacity strengthening needs are met.
- The Organizational Capacity Strengthening Technical Advisor will work closely with the Government System Strengthening Technical Advisor, Agricultural Livelihoods Technical Advisor, the Household Economic Strengthening Technical Director and Officer and MEAL Manager to ensure a harmonized approach to capacity strengthening implementation and monitoring.
- The position will have change management and capacity strengthening experience.
- Support the conceptualization and implementation of 4Children Nigeria’s harmonized, standardized, and contextualized approach to holistic, costed sustainability planning at the PEPFAR OVC Implementing Partner (IP), government, civil society, community, household and individual levels to support OVC and household graduation/transition and social service system strengthening; ensure alignment with national graduation strategy and criteria and progress towards OVC service delivery standards.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IPs to carry out baseline organizational capacity assessments and use the results of this (or previous) assessments to develop, implement and track progress on sustainability plans and associated capacity strengthening plans designed to support a HIV-sensitive social service system.
- Support PEPFAR OVC IPs, Zonal or State costed sustainability planning workshops components related to CSO/CBO and OVC-related networks capacity strengthening; participate in National level sustainability planning workshop.
- Lead the design, coordination and implementation of contextualized organizational development and technical assistance that PEPFAR OVC IPs can cascade to their CSO/CBO partners and networks.
- Identify/adapt and promote evidence-based organizational capacity strengthening tools, methods or approaches that PEPFAR OVC IPs can use or improve upon to address identified capacity gaps or areas in need of improvement for CSO/CBO and networks to better support OVC and household graduation/transition and strengthen a HIV-sensitive social service system; liaise closely with 4Children Nigeria Technical Advisors to address gaps.
- Adapt existing CRS and other tools (i.e., Holistic Organizational Capacity Assessment Instrument (HOCAI) and Sub-Recipient Financial Monitoring tools and UGM OCA tool) to assess CSO/CBO capacity, identify areas in need of improvement and support development of organizational capacity improvement plans.
- Jointly formulate strategies and action plans for addressing weaknesses or capacity gaps in CSO/CBOs and networks.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to PEPFAR OVC IPs on the use and adoption of the latest tools and methodologies to support all aspects of project management related to capacity strengthening and sustainability plan implementation.
- Establish systems for monitoring and evaluating capacity to measure progress and generate an evidence base for successful and sustainable approaches to organizational capacity strengthening for CSOs/CBOs providing OVC services.
- Collaborate with and develop scopes of work for specialists and/or external consultants to provide targeted technical assistance and training to CBOs/CSOs and networks informed by capacity strengthening needs identified in the costed sustainability plans.
- Support Zonal/State level organizational network analyses (ONA) to strengthen referral networks and promote linkages between community, facility and State-level protection and HIV services in collaboration with the Zonal State Coordinator, Case Management and Referral Technical Advisor, States, PEPFAR OVC IPs, health facilities, CSO/CBOs, networks and other aspects of a HIV-sensitive social service system.
- Master's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or Organizational Management or Leadership, or equivalent degree with proven capacity strengthening experience.
- Five years of experience in organizational development and provision of technical assistance to international non-governmental organizations and/or civil society and faith-based organizations preferably to those engaged in HIV care and treatment and/or OVC services delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive relationships with and accountability towards diverse actors including donors, PEPFAR OVC, government, and civil society partners.
- Demonstrated ability motivate and inspire teamwork among diverse partners, without direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent project management skills including the demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, analysis, monitoring, and reporting as well as the ability to develop practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Experience in quality improvement science, using data to inform decision-making and sustainability planning/monitoring a plus.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, partnership, and training, facilitation and mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Knowledge of GON OVC service delivery standards and PEPFAR programming, process, guidance and frameworks is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook.
- Experience in organizational network analysis a plus.
- The Organizational Development Technical Advisor will be expected to travel frequently within Nigeria and potentially outside of Nigeria to attend conference, workshops or other activities related to the project.