Job ID: 17642
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
Technical Assistant (Laboratory Services) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality laboratory services of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, TB, HCT and other services within state and L.G.A. level including adherence to good clinical laboratory practice (GCLP), National policies and guidelines with the State Lab and State community coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and maintain oversight of the day to day operations of all laboratory services at the facility and community-based interventions.
- Support the implementation of cART scale up and daily monitoring of sample collection and management between the community and the Hubs for HIV/AIDS including strengthening effective referrals and linkages between facility laboratory and focus LGAs in the target drive.
- Ensure good clinical laboratory practice and quality assurance, universal safety precautions are properly followed and biological waste management between the community and testing Hubs at the focus LGA.
- Provide technical assistance for laboratory services to LGA lab team on field testing (if POC is available), sample collection and handling and reporting in line with the standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor logistics of cART HIV testing, commodities documentation of HTC services using the monitoring and evaluation tools
- Ensure proper documentations and reporting of all testing done and results communication between the LGA Lab volunteer and the testing Laboratory at the Hub
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and field work related to client and sample management of HIV/AIDS and apply these lessons to modify existing scale up program and improve the design of new programs.
- Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences with a minimum of 1 year post national youth service experience in laboratory services on laboratory management of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT, TB and PEPFAR program.
- Certification / license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is a plus.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.