The Gulf Technical Evangelist (TE) will be responsible for driving the adoption of apps for Windows Azure and Windows 8. The TE will combine excellent technical knowledge of these products along with enthusiastic communication skills to win the hearts and minds of their cloud and phone communities. In doing so, he or she will become a trusted advisor and recognized liaison between these communities and Microsoft. The community includes enterprise accounts, software development houses, free-lance developers and start-ups.
1. Drive adoption of Windows Azure and Windows 8 apps through audience outreach, customer connections and digital media.
2. Broaden awareness while augmenting the community’s skill sets of Microsoft’s software tools including (but not limited to) Visual Studio, Expression, WinRT and Windows Azure.
3. Work in collaboration with our sales organizations to jointly drive the adoption of apps.
4. Skillfully articulate the merits of Microsoft .NET and WinRT technologies to all audiences in a manner that drives excitement and enthusiasm for our platform.
5. Extend reach into our communities by working in close collaboration with the Audience Marketing Manager. Beyond speakership engagements, the TE will also identify key influencers and prospect MVPs in our enterprise accounts and breadth community.
6. Engage and build relationships with developers through online and offline communities and regular engagements with key influencers.
7. Full accountability of assigned scorecard deliverable.
To qualify for this position, you must be prepared to demonstrate a passion for technology and be capable of articulating the value proposition of Microsoft solutions to a developer audience. You must possess deep technical prowess and business leadership, while leveraging interpersonal communication skills to your audiences, partners and customers.
You should also possess an extensive technical background in both Microsoft and competitive platform and tools technologies (XAML+C#/C++/VB, HTML5, WinRT, .NET, IE10, Windows 8, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Open Source, JAVA, Flex/AIR, LAMP, MySQL, PHP).
1. BA/BS in Computer Science or a similar technical degree.
2. At least 4-5 years of valid work experience as a software developer or architect.
3. History of public speaking with experience presenting at developer conferences.
4. Possess a followership in social media including blogging and writing technical articles.
5. Solid programming abilities, history of writing apps for cloud and phone.
6. Experience in Application Lifecycle Management
7. Passionate about rich internet applications, web design, interactive design, and user experience in all mediums from software to consumer products