Requirements and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery.
- designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods;
- carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults;
- diagnosing breakdown problems;
- fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly;
- carrying out quality inspections on jobs;
- liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues;
- arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components;
- controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment;
- monitoring and controlling maintenance costs;
- dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs;
- improving health and safety policies and procedures;
- writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines;
- ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- University degree in Engineering or related field from a reputable institution.
- 2+ years of experience working with electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance.
- Ability to solve problems via advanced technical knowledge, complex analysis and theory testing.
- A record of success in implementing lean manufacturing concepts for continuous improvement.
- Strong attention to detail and skillful in handling small parts.
- Technical skills is required.