- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- With the Senior Technical Officer, the State Technical Officer (Clinical Services) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH/FP), TB and integrated medical services at the state level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS, PMTCT, TB, RH/FP and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
- With the Senior State Technical Officer, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT), RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP, TB and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI/TB, RH/FP and integrated medical services activities.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and related developments by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation especially the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, TB and integrated medical services at the facility level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.