- The job holder will provide technical and programmatic support for the delivery of quality HIV services, and attainment of program goals.
- S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for program sustainability.
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Clinical Services and State Teams, between the APIN Program Office, Program Sites, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Work with other team members towards the scale-up of HIV services by supporting the identification of areas of unmet need and expansion of services to new sites
- Contribute to the development of program work plans
- Provide technical and programmatic support for high quality program implementation in the areas of ART, PMTCT, HIV/TB and HIV clinical care services, in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and program sustainability
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and document best practices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical Degree (MBBS or equivalent) and a minimum of five (5) years' relevant experience in HIV prevention, treatment and care programs. An MPH Degree will be an advantage.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good working knowledge of current national guidelines for H IV prevention, treatment and care
- Knowledge of models of working with and linking different tiers of healthcare facilities
- Ability to multitask, with good knowledge of various program areas
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of community systems and how they impact service utilization
- Ability to provide mentorship and integrated supportive supervision to all categories of HCWs
- Knowledge of national M&E tools for HCT, PMTCT and ART
- Ability to organize and coordinate training programs and meetings
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills
- Ability and readiness to travel at least 25% of work time.