Job ID: 17654
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Prevention and Gender focal point would be expected to advocate for greater attention to Prevention issues, gender perspectives, providing the necessary rationale and advice on approaches to support Prevention and gender mainstreaming throughout FHI 360.
- S/he will be responsible for integrating gender sensitive approaches to technical assistance.
- S/he will promote high level of collaboration, communication and cooperation with government agencies, stakeholders and identify appropriate interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct robust analysis of gender constraints facing men, women, boys and girls within the target beneficiary population; recommend gender initiatives needed to meet program targets and goals
- Work with FHI 360 staff and partners to ensure that gender considerations are fully integrated into the program design and activities, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Design and conduct gender sensitization training for FHI 360 staff, implementation partners and beneficiaries.
- Conduct periodic program gender evaluations; recommend and implement corrections, as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate program performance on gender-related goals and objectives and contribute content for internal and external reporting.
- Improve gender equality through advocacy and communication materials, policy advice, networking, advocacy and teamwork, and relate them to policy makers across sectors.
- Serve as focal point on gender issues among Development Partners and with the government.
- Ensure engagement with civil society organizations representing the interest of women, vulnerable and marginalized groups of society.
- Develop behavior change strategy that supports Project implementation
- Assist in the development of SBC/ IEC/media materials for SIDHAS program.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS prevention capacity building to field programs.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of prevention of HIV/AIDS
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology or related discipline with 3-5 years working experience in gender integration at the national or international level.
- Or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Gender Studies, Sociology, Anthropology or related discipline with 5-7 years working experience in gender integration at the national or international level.
- Expertise in prevention, gender analysis, strategic planning, and integrating gender balance into project design and management is required.
- Experience in dealing with issues of women's rights and gender mainstreaming within public institutions and/or international organizations required.
- Hands-on experience in HIV prevention, design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is required.
- Preferably a recognized gender expert in the field, with first-hand knowledge of gender experience working in Economic Development, Gender equality issues, Public Policy, or Social Development.
- Demonstrable experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor (USAID, DFID, CIDA, etc.) funded national health-focused project.