The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the STO, HSS to provide support in the planning, implementing and monitoring of health systems strengthening and laboratory activities in assigned projects. S/he will contribute to FHI 360’s provision of technical assistance to FHI 360 Nigeria partners and implementing agencies at all levels to develop/review, implement and monitor health systems and laboratory strategies and activities.
- Along with the STO HSS, ensure technical soundness in the implementation of FHI 360’s health systems strengthening grants.
- Assist in providing technical assistance in different health systems strengthening aspects using the six WHO building blocks and a reference guide.
- Support the STO HSS in collaborating with the relevant federal, state and LGA departments/agencies and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at all levels.
- Support the STO HSS to provide on behalf of FHI 360, inputs/technical assistance to GON, FHI 360 partners and IAs on health systems strengthening and laboratory policies, strategies and proposal development processes.
- Work with the STO HSS in contributing to the development of FHI 360 Nigeria’s health systems strengthening strategy and work plans that clearly address the WHO HSS building blocks.
- Develop and implement framework for capacity development for the different departments in the design and implementation of evidence-based health systems policies and practices related to their technical programs and units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years post national youth service experience with at least 1 year’s progressive experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, human resource for health management or other related areas.
- MPH or MSc. in related degree with at least 3 to 5years post national youth service experience with at least 3 years progressive experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, human resource for health management or other related areas.
- Experience in health systems analysis, health financing (including budgeting and health accounts), human resource for health (including workload analysis), and service delivery required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Familiarity with technical and health management approaches relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH especially at the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Working knowledge of scientific literature related to reproductive health, HIV prevention and treatment, and other infectious diseases.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding RH and HIV programs and research.
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of information.
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically as part of a team or independently to advance the interest of research and public health in Nigeria.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.