- The Technical Officer Health Systems Strengthening & Logistics will work with other team members in the development of FHI 360 in-house capacity among the various departments, implementing agencies (IAs) and all tiers of government in all aspects of logistics and supply chain management of health commodities.
- S/he will provide technical support and leadership to Nigeria’s efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management system of health commodities using evidence based data from the Logistics management information system, to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide TA and capacity building to all tiers of the government of Nigeria and to FHI 360 to strengthen national/state systems for procurement and supply chain management of health commodities
- Provide Logistics support to State offices focusing on reporting, distribution, shipping, storage and warehousing of commodities
- Responsible for daily to day warehouse maintenance and security and escalates major issues/repairs/improvements to the SPM for support
- Ensure that all required health inventory checks are conducted and all variances reconciled
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems.
- Work with the country office logistics team to direct outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of FHI 360; ensure health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and ensure that all required inventory checks are conducted and all variances reconciled.
- Work with the state team/GON team in developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Support the state government team in the development of warehousing and distribution budgets Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to follow-up on all warehouse related matters such as the environment, sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure safety code and quality compliance are met daily and report any issues arising to the STO
- Work with the STO/state teams in designing coordinated systems for FHI 360 to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance in order to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Ensure that all distribution documentation for health commodities in FHI 360, with funding agencies, suppliers, implementing partners and regulatory bodies is complete and compliant.
- Work with the state team to institute data entries into the district health information system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with at least 3- 5 years post national youth service experience with at least 1 year experience in managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection, forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Or B Pharm, BS/BA in Logistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or any relevant field with 5 to 7 years post national youth service experience managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection, forecasting /quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.