Job ID: 17648
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Technical Officer HSS & Logistics will work under the supervision of the STO Logistics & STO, HSS in the Country office (technical supervisors) and the State program manager (operational supervisor).
- The incumbent will provide support in the planning, implementing and monitoring of health systems strengthening and sustainability initiatives in assigned projects.
- S/he will especially work with other team members in the development of FHI 360 in-house capacity among the various departments, implementing agencies (IAs) and all tiers of government in all aspects of logistics and supply chain management of health commodities.
- S/he will also provide technical support to the state’s efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management system of health commodities using evidence based data from the logistics management information system, to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in providing technical guidance on health systems strengthening using the six WHO building blocks as a reference.
- Support the SPM in collaborating with the relevant state and LGA departments/agencies and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at all levels.
- Work with GON at various levels to address critical human resource for health gaps in health facilities through workload analysis, task shifting and sharing.
- With support from the country office work with GON at state and local government levels to address issues around domestic funding for HIV programs, leadership and governance capacity with a view to improving stewardship of GON institutions.
- Develop and implement frameworks for quality improvement and capacity development, for the different departments on the project, in the design and implementation of evidence-based health systems policies and practices related to their technical programs and units.
- Provide TA and capacity building to all tiers of the government of Nigeria and to FHI360 to strengthen national/state systems for procurement and supply chain management of health commodities
- Ensure that all distribution documentation for health commodities in FHI 360, with funding agencies, suppliers, implementing partners and regulatory bodies is complete and compliant.
- To provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems.
- Work with the state government in developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system for tracking commodities as well as facilitate data entries into the district health information system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MPH MBBS/MD or MSc/MA in relevant fields with at least 2 years post national youth service experience in managing a PSM cycle (including rational health commodities selection, forecasting /quantification). Also 1-year progressive experience in supporting Health Systems Strengthening activities (such as health financing, human resource for health and or other related areas) is required.
- Or B Pharm, BS/BA in Logistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or any relevant field with 3 to 5 years post national youth service experience in managing a PSM cycle (including rational health commodities selection, forecasting /quantification). Also 1-year progressive experience in supporting Health Systems Strengthening activities (such as health financing, human resource for health and or other related areas) is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.