Job ID: #1355346
- The Household Economic Strengthening Technical Officer (HES TO) will support PEPFAR OVC Implementing Partner (IP) capacity strengthening efforts related to HES by providing training, accompaniment and technical support to PEPFAR OVC IPs with a focus on the implementation and management of savings groups, financial education, market opportunity identification/assessment, entrepreneurship and business development services.
- S/he will support IPs to liaise with relevant government ministries and programs, other technical experts and agencies and the private sector to support household graduation and transition.
- The position will also include regular mentoring and visits to the field to review case files and conduct supportive supervision of the CSOs and IPs. This position reports to the HES Technical Director.
- Under the supervision of the HES Technical Director, carry out the 4Children HES activities, working closely with IPs to ensure adherence to accepted technical standards, best practices and donor regulations.
- Support the HES Technical Director in capacity assessments of IPs around HES.
- Travel to project areas to monitor program activities and provide support to IP field staff
- Facilitate orientation to HES concepts and principles to IPs as needed.
- Facilitate SILC Training of Trainers (ToT) and Financial Education sessions to ensure quality implementation of SILC and Financial Education activities by partners.
- Facilitate training in market opportunity identification/assessment, entrepreneurship and business development services for IP HES staff.
- Support IPs to develop linkages with relevant government, civil society/project and private sector actors in within their operational areas.
- Conduct joint-supervision visits with IP HES staff to provide mentoring as they provide technical support to field agents, SILC/savings group members.
- Identify promising practices in HES to document and share across OVC IPs.
- Collaborate with other sector leads, consortium partners and government ministries to ensure effective HES programming and harmonization.
- Master's Degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Administration, International Relations or a closely related field.
- Three to five years professional field experience in economic strengthening.
- Experience in savings led microfinance and financial education programming.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans with diverse teams.
- Experience working in partnership with both international and local NGO partners.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support partners both government and faith-based organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal, cross -cultural and training/facilitation/mentoring skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook.
- Familiarity with using household vulnerability assessment tools and SAVEX a plus.