Department: Programs/ SMILE Project
Position Band: C-1
Reports To: Technical Advisor -Household Economic Strengthening
- The Technical officer HES will assist the Technical Advisors on HES in the capacity strengthening of CSOs to provide high quality livelihood services for vulnerable households and populations.
- S/he will assist in the development of assessment tools, analysis of household vulnerability assessment results and articulation of appropriate relevant interventions to address identified gaps
- S/he will be responsible for writing reports of HES Community of Practice meetings and trainings while providing logistical and programmatic support during such activities
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in any relevant discipline.
- A certificate in agricultural economics, food science, public health or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in VC programing especially in household economic strengthening with good knowledge of community-based programming and program management responsibilities. Experience working with an international NGO will be an advantage
- Technical skills and experience in household economic strengthening. Experience in agriculture, food technology, savings-led microfinance methodology will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate training in key areas including savings-led microfinance, private-service provider models, and agro-enterprise
- Experience working with household poverty and food security assessment tools such as Nigeria Progress out of Poverty Tool, Household Hunger Scale or Poverty Assessment Tool
- Demonstrated ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team of professionals
- Demonstrated experience in Nigeria VC response, VC programming principles and integrated programming approaches.