Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to state QI team on the implementation of HIV RT QII project at state level.
- Provide technical assistance on the laboratory component of the AIS testing from the field to the Molecular lab in Akwa Ibom state.
- Coordinate procurement of all the lab items required for field, CD4 and PCR/viral load testing for AKAIS project
- Coordinate logistics distribution of lab items procured for field and lab testing to all the AKAIS survey team and testing labs.Coordinate the proper storage, transportation and sorting of the DBS/ whole blood samples collected for the QC/ CD4/ EID/ VL and HIV-1 Incidence Assay for AKAIS project.
- Provide oversight functions towards effective and efficient testing and reporting of all samples on AIS project in Akwa Ibom State.
- Provide oversight function on the production, distribution, administration and collation of feedbacks on the Dried Tube specimen Proficiency Testing scheme.
- Provide technical assistance to state team on the administration of SPI RT checklist.
- Monitor the implementation of corrective action process for sites with deficiencies.
- Coordinate the project activities (Audit & DTS PT) and provide regular update to STO & ADLS.
- Prepare and share RTQII project monthly / quarterly report.
- Provide regular update on the implementation of RTQII project to STO Lab services in CO & SO.
- Remain informed on new findings in the field of laboratory technology that relate to HIV/AIDS, OIs, and treatment by reviewing current literature, and draw implications from research for program activities.
- Develop concept papers and research papers on the existing project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.