Job ID: 17641
Location: Port Harcourt
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Senior State Technical Officer to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for FHI360 Nigeria programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services to FHI360 and facility staff.
- Provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at the state office level.
- Coordinate the inventory management along with AXIOS to ensure adequate stock and quality data capture in the DHIS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and liaise with STO to apply these lessons and modify existing program.
- Represent FHI360 on issues of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS at the state level.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and related development fields by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities as outlined by the technical supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Or Master degree in Laboratory sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in Laboratory TB services is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.