OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
- To provide normative guidance and generic tools to member states;
- To support member states in accessing and managing additional resources;
- To provide technical support to member states for accelerating and scaling up cost-effective interventions;
- To provide technical support to member states for strengthening procurement and supply management systems and laboratory services and networks;
- To support member states to strengthen surveillance, monitoring and evaluation systems for malaria prevention and control;
- To strengthen capacity for the conduct of operational research for evidence-based decisions.
Description of duties:
Under the direct supervision of the WR, the incumbent will :
1. Strengthen national malaria surveillance systems including other systems for generation of strategic information for evidence-based targeting of malaria interventions for enhanced malaria burden reduction, through adoption, adaptation and application of relevant WHO norms and standards, guidelines, manuals and tools and appropriate technologies and e-platforms;
2. Build capacity on use of surveillance and other health data for malaria risk mapping at national and sub-national levels;
3. Guide evidence-based targeting of high risk areas with appropriate antimalarial interventions; and
4. Monitor the impact of such interventions at subnational levels with the aim of adapting strategies for enhanced impact;
5. Facilitate evidence-based policy and strategic dialogue involving national policy makers and partners at national level as a process for monitoring the implementation of malaria strategies, discussing capacity gaps and planning for effective implementation of malaria control and elimination;
6. Contribute to documentation and publication of best practices on use of available evidence for targeting interventions at national and subnational levels;
7. Undertake any other functions assigned.