Objective of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to (a) the reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and (b) the strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
- Under the overall guidance of the WHO Country Representative, direct supervision of EPI Focal Point, the incumbent coordinates all data management, monitoring and evaluation activities at the assigned Zone and field level and reports programme progress achieved to the Zonal coordinator and national level monitoring and evaluation coordinator.
- The officer will work closely with national authorities as well as partners.
The Specific Functions to be performed by the incumbent include:
- Support the WHO-Nigeria Zonal office to prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate work-plans in line with national priorities, strategies and plans.
- Support the Zone and State teams to prepare, review and/or update annual/quarterly immunization plans;
- Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achieving National Plan of Action (NPA) goals in Polio eradication
- Support regular performance reviews of Zonal and State technical teams and the preparation of performance improvement plans wherever necessary.
- Oversee the data management protocols in an aim to improve quality, accessibility, timeliness and relevance of technical data
- Prepare quarterly programme status reports required for management, board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc
- Oversee the coordination and deliverables of the Zonal WHO data management system
- Support in the creation of a monitoring and evaluation system in the country/zone through systematic information exchange from the central level to the field regarding surveillance and immunization along the WHO system.
- Assist in the implementation of WHO accountability framework and recommend mechanisms for effective implementation, compliance and documentation.
- Follow systematic information delivery on the selected deliverables in the accountability frame work for state coordinators, Cluster coordinators, LGA facilitators and Field officers. In addition support implementation of the same for all staff under the Zone.
- Conduct supportive supervision and verification on regular basis.
- Systematically document technical performance of professional staff and provide periodical report to the Zonal coordinator and central Monitoring and evaluation unit for management decision to enforce accountability
- Support activities aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy as well as resource mobilization in support of improving performance of immunization activities;
- Undertake periodic training need assessment and take part in capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery, vaccine supply and quality, logistics, surveillance, advocacy and communication), immunization safety and operational research
- Systematically document the capacity building activities undertaken in the zone and share the same to the Zonal coordinator and national M&E unit.
- Document and produce evidences for the resource utilization (financial and Human) in line with the program deliverables to make sure that implementation of results should be tied up with the resource deployed. Include this as a critical deliverable in the quarterly report.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.