- The Technical Officer is responsible for the operation of the project M&E systems at the LGA levels.
- The Technical Officer will revise the program strategy as needed, while developing and monitoring the implementation of annual work plans, and also ensure the implementation of all program and MERL activities at the LGA offices.
- The technical officer will develop/adopt/adapt program specific routine data collection tools and ensure the data quality plans are rigorously implanted.
- The Technical Officer will collect, compile and analyze data as well as develop reports using specified templates.
- Degree in Development Studies, Research Methods, Statistics, Social Sciences, Measurement and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of active M&E work experience in development programming required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in M&E and skilled in qualitative and quantitative M&E methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of major aspects of program development, implementation end documentation and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Epi- Info, Epi- Data, SPSS, Access, DHIS, SQL, and any other statistical packages