- Coordinate and support the data management team in incorporating GIS technology into routine data collection, analysis and reporting
- Implement the application of GIS for data collection and vaccination team tracking
- Coordinate and support in the development of advanced analytical tools to compare multiple indicators at the lowest geographical level (settlement, Ward, LGA, etc.)
- Support partner agencies in developing geo-databases and creating meaningful analyses and reports
- Provide special GIS-related reports and analyses as required by WHO and partners
- Support efforts aimed at building the capacity of WHO staff and partners on the application of GIS tools to support polio, routine immunization, and other public health programs.
- Support efforts aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy and resource mobilization strategies for the immunization/polio eradication programme in Nigeria.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
WHO's salaries are calculated in US dollars. They consist of a base salary and a post adjustment (for international positions only) which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel (for international positions only), education grant for dependent children (for international positions only), pension plan and medical insurance [NB: to be adjusted to the standard VN for posts in the general service category].
Essential: Advanced University Degree in Geographic Information Systems or a related field with training in ARC-GIS software
Desirable: Experience in GIS software application in public health related areas
Verification of Educational qualifications
'In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually'.
Managerial skills and ability to manage health related data and reports
Managerial skills and experience
Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point and ERP systems
Willing and able to travel extensively in Nigeria
- Communicates in a credible and effective way;
- Produces results;
- Fosters integration and teamwork;
- Creates an empowering and motivating environment;
- Ensures the effective use of resources;
Essential: At least 7 years of experience in data management in incorporating GIS technology into routine data collection, analysis and reporting.
Desirable: WHO or international organization experience in the health sector specifically with communicable disease and/or immunization programs in developing country.
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Desirable: Knowledge of the other UN languages .