- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state
- Provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement
- Share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State
- Work in collaboration with other members of the state team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end-users
- Provide technical support to site Quality Improvement Committees to set up and implement internal quality management in collaboration with the State Team
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E and QA systems at the state level
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organization's quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol
- Conduct periodic visits to program sites
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical Degree (MBBS or equivalent) or a Health-related Degree and a minimum of Five (5) years' relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation. An MPH Degree will be an advantage.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Working knowledge of program monitoring and evaluation, and program management
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, treatment and care, including knowledge of current HIV guidelines and standards with respect to monitoring and evaluation
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of statistics & good knowledge of statistical methods and packages
- Familiarity with USG/CDC HIV program reporting requirements
- Ability to organize and coordinate training program
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills
- Ability and readiness to travel at least 25% of work time.