A Technical Procedure Analyst should explain technical information in a way that's easy to understand. This involves interpreting technology or applications and then designing and writing documentation. The information may be presented in the form of Standards, Procedures, User guides for software applications such as MAXIMO, reference/system manuals, user/training guides, design specifications, white papers, online help incorporated into software, project plans, test plans and operating guides. Technical authors also provide packages of assistance including interactive tutorials, in a range of media such as video, illustrations, graphics and PowerPoint.
• Maintains and communicates standards for policy and procedure writing and manuals development by consultation with OE Departments.
• Coordinate with OE Departments/ sites, to establish and align technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
• Standardize, edit, or make changes to documentation such as policies, procedures and other materials prepared by OE Departments ensuring standardization, accuracy, consistency and clarity.
• Assessing the audience and the nature of the documentation.
• Information gathering and planning.
• Attending planning/briefing meetings.
• Gathering and analysing the information needs of the targeted users.
• Collaborating with developers and managers to clarify technical issues.
• Possesses and applies expertise to interview Subject Matter Experts and conduct research necessary to produce accurate and comprehensive documents.
• Liaising with engineers, subject matter experts, project leaders, and implementation teams.
• Researching and gathering the information.
• Understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared.
• Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate materials.
• Observe OE Departments/Sites activities to determine operating procedures and detailed documentation.
• Analyse developments in specific fields to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
• Researches and documents sources cited in policies and procedures.
• Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
• Presenting the information.
• Writing, editing and presenting information.
• Creates documentation in many forms, such as printed, web-based, or other electronic means that is accurate, complete, unambiguous, and concise.
• Assist in publication of materials internally or to sites. Creates and/or edits indexes for technical manuals, as needed using IT tools.
• Content specification/development/ implementation.
• Organizing information according to the user's needs.
• Indexing and cataloguing material.
• Evaluation of delivered documentation and process improvement.
• Maintains records and revisions.
• Creating work schedules.
• Operations Excellence Communication & Awareness
• Assists OE Departments’ personnel in identifying conflicting policies and procedures to resolve conflicts and revise manuals accordingly.
• Keeping up to date with developments and trends in the industry.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field emphasizing written and oral communication.
• Familiarity with Oil and Gas processing terminology.
• Related experience in Oil and Gas Companies is a plus.
• 12 years, with minimum five years in processing/oil and gas industries.
• 5+ years’ experience in technical documentation design, writing, delivery and management.