Consumer streaming video consumption is growing very quickly across many global locales. Great user experiences for video must combine innovation with strong technology to support content discovery, sign-up, purchase, and consumption while addressing the complexities of video licensing and high quality playback. Amazon Instant Video (AIV) has recently integrated LOVEFiLM and Pushbutton subsidiaries to form a new development centre with large growth goals based in Central London.
Your responsibilities as Technical Programme Manager will focus on the delivery of an inter-dependent set of software projects & technical integration projects globally. You will work closely with our senior & executive management, other business & technical development groups, and the team leading this new business initiative.
Successful applicants should have extensive hands-on delivery experience and must be very technically-focused, with a track record of building innovative, customer-centric, and successful products. The ideal candidate will be experienced in managing delivery by engineering teams in different locales while integrating web platform stacks into a single global solution.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Development and/or program management in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Successful international product delivery based on a large-scale, service-oriented architecture
- Experience delivering streaming video products and services to a global consumer audience
- Multi-lingual speaking capabilities
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Thinks big