Blackboard Collaborate Professional Services works with clients to solve a wide variety of business and technology challenges. Using both industry standard and cutting edge technologies our consultants develop innovative, delivery, custom solutions that extend enhance and integrate Blackboard Collaborate’s enterprise products. Blackboard Collaborate consultants work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and interface directly with clients on a daily basis, often on multiple concurrent engagements.
Blackboard Collaborate Technical Service Managers work directly with Blackboard clients to teach effectively administration practices, optimize technology environment, design and implement new software solutions leveraging the Blackboard Collaborate platform to meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Actively gather and document business requirements and translate them into technical specifications and designs.
- Work with Managers to estimate work tasks and level of effort within project timeline.
- Analyze, design, and build component-based applications. Perform hands-on coding.
- Adhere to established delivery methodology, quality standards and best practices.
- Set and manage expectations on multiple projects.
- Identify new technologies, perform comparison analysis and rapid prototyping.
- Evaluate risk and impact associated with proposed scope and design changes.
- Actively participate in quality assurance activities including design and code reviews, unit testing, defect fixes, operational readiness, etc.
- Deliver targeted technical mentoring, training and workshops.
- All job duties described above require a flexible work schedule to meet client needs and often require travel to Middle East, South Africa and Europe.
- Must be available to travel up to 40%.
- Bachelor's degree or 3-4 years of related experience in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a consulting organization in a client-facing, project- team oriented role.
- At least 2 year of experience working with Network Environment.
- Specific experience in web-based applications focused on course management, portals, content management or similar application with mostly user-contributed content, with exposure to all tiers.
- Experience with batch/shell scripting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a geographically distributed virtual team environment and to build relationships with internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills, and ability to manage expectations effectively when handling multiple assignments simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent work ethic and drive, great interpersonal skills, team oriented, and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English, specifically Arabic or Portuguese a strong plus
- Previous experience in the education or knowledge management industry and e-learning technologies, including at least six months specifically with Blackboard technologies.
- Good working knowledge of server platforms (Linux/Unix, Windows Server 2003-2008)
- Good working knowledge of relational databases and query languages