- Technical Solutions Management professionals are responsible for the development and overall solution design of IBM Technical Support Services (TSS) solutions, sold through Sales Specialist and/or directly to customers. By using a combination of IBM offerings and (if required) partner services, the TSM creates complex, international, multi-year, custom solutions and associated cost cases which meet the customer's requirements. Additionally, he gives guidance to the offering and delivery team for the implementation. TSMs are working jointly with Transition Managers on won deals to ensure a smooth knowledge transfer of the solution design.
- Their leadership provides the foundation of the IBM solution that influences our sales teams and delivery strategies for the engagement.
- TSMs own the definition of the support services solutions, are accountable for the overall success of the engagement and are the primary source of IBM Global Technology Services engagement management and solution design around the world and across all product and technical disciplines.
- While in Technical Support Services (TSS) our main business is the IBM logo product support, Multivendor Support (support for non-IBM products) combined with managed Technical support services by using all tools, technologies and resources available within IBM. TSM’s play a vital part in growing the non-IBM product share as these engagements require extensive solution design efforts, including negotiations with suppliers.
- The solution related directions established by the TSM are the foundation of IBM's solution and heavily influence marketing, contract and delivery strategies for the engagement. The TSM is required to anticipate, create and define innovative support solutions which match the customer's and IBM's tactical and strategic requirements.