Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all activities are carried out according to State, Class, Flag and client requirements including the reporting of accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit-to-Work and Isolation Procedures.
- Coordinates planning and execution of preventative maintenance on all non-marine related equipment, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as equipment certification documents.
- Ensure the preventative and planned maintenance program is carried out in accordance with Pacific Drilling Procedures, verify the integrity of all safety critical equipment and participates in internal audits.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling Requirements and contractual obligations.
- Take the lead in budget preparation by coordinating the maintenance department budget and assisting the other department heads with rig budget proposal and submission.