Reports To: Warehouse Manager
- Effectively managing and maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment used by the organisation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Diagnose mechanical problems in machinery or equipment
- Maintain/repair power-generating equipment, work tools or machinery
- Provide general technical support to the company on electrical/mechanical issues
- Perform periodic/random checks on all the company's facilities to confirm facilities and equipment are operating at optimal service levels and ensure compliance with laid down policies and procedures
- Define required spares for equipment and ensure required inventory levels are maintained
- Participate in the determination, installation and testing for equipment, spare parts, etc., in new warehouses
- Develop equipment maintenance plan/schedule (including spares) for all facilities/equipment
- Ensure the implementation of the maintenance schedule for all equipment/facilities at the warehouse location
- Supervise the prompt resolution of all maintenance related queries in assigned area
- Liaise with Service Providers /Maintenance staff to ensure prompt resolution of issues as required
- Ensure that all reported issues are tracked and promptly resolved
- Develop and document maintenance procedures/manuals
- Stay abreast of innovations/developments in facilities/equipment technology trend and proffer recommendations for improvement of the company’s facilities/equipment as required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Good Technical Skills & Experience on Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Pneumatic Systems
- Good Team working, & People relationship skills
- Good Problem Solving Skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- A good level of computer literacy
- Ability to Prioritize and Plan effectively
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Quality Focus.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Tech/HND Electrical Electronics or any relevant course of study
- Age below 40 years
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.