Job Description The Technical Support Engineer is responsible in providing 3-Phase UPS equipment’s technical information and engineering documents to the Liebert Sales Representatives, both internal and external, including Liebert Customer Service Coordinators. The scope of work include, but are not limited to, the following: Sizing and selection of UPS products based on plans, specifications and design conditions; Configuration of quotes and proposals; Editing and consolidation of submittals and engineering manuals; and Searching for sales opportunities by reviewing the bid documents containing drawings and specifications.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
Ø Bid Reviews – Provide project leads to the Liebert Sales Representatives by browsing various FTP and Internet sites of customers/contractors to search for sales opportunities and by reviewing the plans, specifications, equipment schedules, design conditions, and other related information that affects the project, equipment and/or pricing.
Ø Submittals – Generate, edit, consolidate and send accurate submittals to the Liebert Sales Representatives; complete with engineering data sheet, performance calculations, dimensional drawings, piping connection details, electrical connections and other product information as required by the customer.
Ø Quotes and Proposals – Configure the quotes based on the selected precision cooling parts and equipments, sized in compliance to the plans, specifications, design conditions and other requirements by the customers and/or by the Sales Representatives.
Ø Communication and Coordination - Maintain internal communications and proper circulation of information from and to Liebert Sales Representatives, Liebert Customer Service Coordinators, Applications Engineering and Corporate Management; thru phone or e-mail, as necessary and/or required.
Ø Rotating Schedules – as required and as necessary to the operation
Ø Other duties & special projects as required
Ø Reports possible areas for improvement to the Team Lead
Ø Pro-active in dealing with the sales representatives and to make sure that the utilization of the group is met via other projects/activities
Ø Provide assistance to team mates who encounters difficulties dealing with the support
Ø Accomplish the tasks within the given timescales (Service Levels), efficiently and effectively
Ø Develops and maintains full technical and product knowledge
Ø Professionally deals with all correspondence as requested and/or required
Ø Logs and records all documents and activities accurately; in-line with the procedures set by the team and the management
Ø Meets the specified quality and quantity of production
Ø Pro-actively participates in all company events and activities, and/or as required
Ø Contributes to other projects if necessary or required
· Overall knowledge of UPS products with basic knowledge in power equations and principles.
· Five or more years working with Liebert or comparable UPS equipment of which three or more years working within a parts and service department.
· Electrical and electronics background with a college degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree.
· P.R.C. Registered/Licensed Electrical Engineer
· Experience in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
· Typing skills 40 wpm
· Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
· Knowledge in Adobe Acrobat Professional
· Good written and oral communication skills using the English language
· Customer Oriented
· Can work with less supervision
· Result Oriented
· Ability to adapt to new tasks and projects
· Language skills
o Proficient and effective written skills in English language. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, and corporate procedures/regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Mathematical skills
o Ability to calculate figures such as pressure, airflow velocity, etc.
· Analytical skills
o Must possess analytical skills in relation to determining best service that can be provided to customers regarding technical and/or applications engineering inquiries
o Must be able to develop improvement strategies around his/her overall responsibilities
o Ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a predetermined time frame
· Support the customers with accurate and timely responses, clear and understandable communications, written and oral, using the English language are essential in completing the functions of this position.
· Customer relationship and retention
· Ability and willingness to complete responsibilities of position based on customer requirements.
· Good stress management and time management skills
· Knowledge in 3-Phase/UPS/Power products is a plus
Additional Company Information