Job Description Provide application and technical assistance to Customers, End Users and Service Technicians by telephone or via email. Keep updated with the industry issues, Codes & Standards, and competitive Products to enable proper Support to Inquiries.
- Answers technical telephone/Email inquiries from customers. Uses catalogs for references to all ASCO Owners Manual, Technical bulletins, drawings, Info web, Team Center, JDE, etc.
- Confirms telephone correspondence, using customer’s specifications or ASCO proposals to meet customer’s requirements. Works from blueprints, plans, specifications, or other records as needed.
- Review, verify and approve/disapprove all in coming Synergy Order requests from Sales Engineers.
- Provides assistance to US based Applications Engineers in creating Bill of Material (BOM) numbers for all ATS packaged power products, ICP and Firetrol fire pump controllers.
- Generates Frequently Asked Questions document for all products. ATS, ICP and Communication Products and keeps it updated every quarter.
- Generates ATS Competitor Analysis document and keeps it updated every quarter.
- Assists ASI Parts Department in determining the accurate parts or part numbers needed by customers.
- Assists District Manager and Area Supervisor of ASI in the preparation of technical proposals.
- Contacts by phone, general contractors, electrical contractors, engine generator dealers, switchboard manufacturers, OEMs, and engineers as needed to track projects and improve probability of receipt of order.
- Improve relationships with all customers and industry contacts by providing prompt, courteous response to inquiries.
- Handles responsibilities with minimal supervision required.
- Promote Technical ASCO Products and its capabilities.
- Provides General Start-up Assistance to customers planning to put ASCO Products in service i.e. complete documentation.
- Provides individual and team reports.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experience in electrical engineering or related fields.
- Preferred working exposure with Emergency and Back-up Systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills using the English language
- Electrical Technical Orientation
- Strong Team Effort mentality.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills
- Communication and trouble shooting skills as well as a conscientious attitude.
- High tolerance to stress and a self-starter.
- PC or related skills a must
- Excellent organization and multi tasking skills a must
- Must be able to develop improvement strategies around his/her overall responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a predetermined time frame
- The individual must be able to maintain a positive energy level to function in an environment of constantly shifting demand and sometimes-severe time restrains while continuing to function effectively