The Middle East Regional Technical Support Specialist is accountable to perform a variety of service related functions. Service activities include; telephone support, commissioning of Ross products and integrating these into the Broadcast systems at client locations across Europe. In addition, the candidate will be called upon to provide sales support to the Regional Sales Director as well as the Regional Sales Managers. This key individual is responsible for managing customer expectations to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
- Provide effective: telephone technical support, on-site installation/commissioning/training services & customer/technical service.
- Troubleshoot technical/system issues at customer facilities.
- Complete required documentation and reports
- Provide pricing information regarding Ross products. (Service items)
- Provide support to the implementation team, as required
- Expedite the return of material from the field for service reasons.
- Assist with set-up of and attend tradeshows as requested by Regional Sales Managers.
- Assist Sales team with quotes, bids and proposals.
- Deliver the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications (English mandatory)
- Willingness to become an expert in Ross Video products.
- Knowledge of other languages is a definite asset.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, positive, determined and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Approachable and excellent communication skills
- Resourceful, professional and flexible with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Able to envision entire projects and look for problem areas
- High initiative and well developed analytical skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to various audiences, function in highly stressful situations & to learn quickly.
- A strong desire to get the job done. No matter what it takes.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- High level of professionalism with a focus on customer service
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Management experience
- Excellent understanding of Ross Video products would be an asset
- Experience with an MIS system such as MAX or similar database is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Passport
- Office Environment – Customer sites
- Travel up to 60% (short-notice, weekends and evenings)
- Possible heavy lifting if moving equipment