- To carry out field installation professionally, troubleshoot and repair faulty equipment and deliver on projects to the utmost satisfaction of customers in a way that enhances the company’s overall objectives, getting it right the first time.
- Determine the type of equipment/component size needed to do a job
- Study plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine requirement for installations
- Design basic circuitry and sketches for clarification of details and design documentation based on inspection and specifications
- Carry out installations neatly and in a safe manner making sure installations does not pose any danger to clients and operators
- Use appropriate tools on appropriate tasks
- Appropriately diagnose faults related with faults calls and report such to line manager(s) before disclosing to clients
- Carrying out diagnostic tests for reported faults and breakdowns
- Record, analyze and interpret test results
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting functions.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with appropriate line manager
- Carry out repairs by component / parts replacement and/or swap
- Perform preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment and systems