As a Technician you are part of a team but the majority of the time will be spent out working with our customers therefore requiring the individual to have a high sense of independence. The work of a Technician is focused on hands-on practical mechanical maintenance/basic electrical skills following the Tetra Pak Maintenance concept and documentation.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
1. Participate in preparing customer site for installation events, assembling machines.
2. Participate in execution of preventive maintenance activities.
3. Inform relevant Tetra Pak staff in a timely manner about discovered Technical Issues.
4. Participate in the installation of relevant rebuilding/upgrade kits.
5. Inform relevant Tetra Pak Field Staff about ongoing service activities as well as of any issues affecting the customer or the quality of Tetra Pak service.
6. Act as an ambassador for Tetra Pak at all times, ensuring good working relationships with the customer and Tetra Pak colleagues and that Tetra Pak’s reputation is sustained.
7. Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak and Customer safety regulations and requirements. Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak standards and requirements regarding product quality and food safety. Escalate all discovered food safety, quality assurance and regulatory issues.
8. Comply with all reporting requirements.
*Please note this is an Entry Level position within the Tetra Pak Technical Service department.
· Must have a relevant Technical high school diploma with Mechanical Engineering subjects and practical exposure with focus on hands-on work.
· Minimum of 1-2 years working experience
· Experience in maintenance, repair and/or service work (ideal prior proven experience as a Technician)
· Fluent in English (read, write and speak)
· Computer skills (MS Office, SAP)
· Willing to travel - valid driver’s license and passport
· To be successful in this position the candidate must enjoy to work independently, remotely and to travel a lot, sometimes working outside of regular working hours (evenings and weekends), based on customer needs.
· High learning ability